Monday, May 4, 2009

Results - Micro Survey #2


Thanks to all who responded; here are the results to the question "How would you like to receive Mr. Barkley's monthly Haultain Newsletter". Email was the largest preference at 55% with Hard Copy and Website coming in at 19% and 17%, with the Blog coming in at 9%. I'm sure Mr. Barkley will be relieved to know that "I never want to see it again." came in at 0%. Keep up the good work Mr. Barkley!

Pending approval and based on this survey, we will likely be sending the newsletter out in all digital formats. I'm sorry to all the people who wanted a hard copy but the CBE has asked all schools to try as hard as possible to cut back on paper usage. That being said, I will have a couple of hard copies of the newsletter available at each Council meeting from now on - so all you paper lovers come out to the meeting and pick up your newsletter.

Stay tuned for Micro-Survey #3.

3 comments:

  1. I sure like these micro surveys, Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids transferred to Haultain this year and about the only thing I miss from before was the emailed newsletters. In fact,they sent us small emails often about everything from if things were being sold at lunch by some group or the weather or road construction near the school or fire drills... It helped to always feel connected to what was going on.

    Also, the teachers emailed me personally about things frequently. Once, I even got an email from the kindergarten teacher that my one son had had a lot of gas that week and perhaps he was experiencing some allergy to something. Needless to say, I always "magically" knew things about their day before they told me.

    That kind of forced accountability can be a powerful weapon in a parents' arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christie. A lot of what you are talking about is hopefully coming from this blog and the Council Email List (are you part of the list). I know that Mr. Barkley and the rest of the staff are very open in their communications with the parents and I'm fairly certain if you were to approach your kid's teachers they would be happy to start up email dialogue with you.

    Love the 'magically' knowing stuff part - its always good to keep them on their toes. I always KNEW my Mom had eyes in the back of her head.

    ReplyDelete